Meals in the West tend to come with tall glasses of ice water. Meals in China come with tiny cups of hot water or tea but why the hot water?
Usually we drink cold water, but some believe, there are benefits of drinking hot water. It is true that it can not make us comfortable in hot summer days, but there may be other benefits.
- Purifies Mind and Body Some believe that drinking hot water is much like going to a sauna.It purifies the body. As you are drinking hot water, your body temperature rises slightly.To maintain its average 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit, your body begins to perspire. Perspiration is its method of cooling itself.Perspiration induced by drinking hot water flushes toxins from your body, helping to purify your bloodstream.Additionally, drinking hot water helps remove deposits in the nervous system. These deposits are believed to have a negative effect on thoughts and emotional responses.Thus, by drinking Hot Water, you can purify mind and body.
- Lose Weight Some people believe that drinking hot water helps a person to lose weight. As a result, it has become part of a healthy diet which is a good factor to consider. That itself should discourage someone from taking diet pills or having cosmetic surgery such as ultrasonic liposuction, abdominal liposuction, arm lipo or thigh liposuction, etc. being allured by affordable liposuction prices.
- Blood Circulation The most important benefits of drinking hot water is that it improves blood circulation.It helps in cleaning the system by removing the unwanted material and toxins from the body. If these toxins accumulate in the body, they can cause dehydration and further lead to tension, aches, pain, and headache. Hot water ensures that the digestive system works smoothly. The skin becomes smooth and starts glowing. This is the indirect effect of drinking hot water. Drinking hot water also helps to combat skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, dry skin and also wrinkles.
- Relax If you are the kind who suffers from sleepless nights, you may want to try drinking hot water, as it will ensure a relaxing and restful sleep at night.
- Nasal Cavity Clearance Drinking hot water can also be effective in clearing nasal cavities. If you are ill, drinking hot water can make you feel less congested. The water vapor causes the buildup in nasal cavities to loosen.
If drinking hot water plain is unappetizing to you, add a slice of lemon. Hot lemon drinks have long had the reputation of soothing sore throats and making people feel better if they have a fever. Lemon drinks supply Vitamin C, a necessary vitamin that aids the immune system in functioning properly.
Why not coffee or tea? Drinking hot water gives you the warmth without dehydrating you as a caffeine drink will.
Tips & Warnings
- Make drinking hot water with lemon more palatable by adding a stick of cinnamon, ginger or a herbal tea bag. Add honey to sooth a sore throat, or a slice of orange for a boost of vitamin C.
- Very cold water can over stimulate the kidneys. Choose warm or hot water drinks, such as hot water and lemon, for easier digestion.
By: Monika Mishra